Saturday, October 22, 2016

One Year

Passed the one year mark since I have started working. In gatherings, the conversations surround a singular topic - career. Our generation, the company management, the job market, the path. We are finally all official working adults.

Well, for me, this one year has indeed been an adventure, more of an internal one, rather than the physical one. Without the syllables of any more course work, growth has been increasingly more abstract. What should I go into, how should I do this, where should I look? 

For me, the answer is always Google. I have not acquired the mentor of my career and life. And I have tonnes of questions and skills which I wish I have/ want to build. The most natural thing I could do is Google it. sometimes find and read a book about it. 

The problem is, there is no outlined coursework, no deadlines, no rewards, no pressure, no commitments (yet). Without discipline, it's too easy to sway from the work required to be done to achieve something. Without urgency, procrastination and laziness set in.

I'm turning 25 next year, while I think that I have somewhat overcome my quarter life crisis, I need to start focusing my energy diligently into building my identity. No fear, stay positive, be nice, and grow great. I hope for all the energy, patience and courage in building up myself. Half of my 20s is over, when else to embrace youth other than now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment