Monday, June 22, 2015

The List

iThe time has come, to make not just another list, but The List. The List is a list that comprises everything that I want to do, I need to do, and I must do to utilize the unlimited free time starting from now.

Yes, you may have heard, I HAVE COMPLETED MY DEGREE!!!!!! I am officially unemployed. I am done being a student! I am now awaiting my results, and will soon participate in my convocation making me a certified engineer.

So upon completion of my degree, of course i have unlimited free time, until i organize everything and start work. And so, there are 3 sections in The List, namely EVERYTHING-I-NEED-TO-GET-MY-FIRST-JOB, REFORM-OLD-BONDS, and ENJOY-FREE-TIME. tadahhh. This will give me balance, in dealing with reality, in fostering relationships with the beloveds and also in alone self learning time for myself.

EVERYTHING-I-NEED-TO-GET-MY-FIRST-JOB
Well, this is easily the most boring part of the list, nevertheless, its the most important part, not to mention that its the main reason of why this list is made at the first place: to make sure that i make get some real work done, amid all the fun.

Resume, LinkIn accound, Jobstreet account, online banking account... All this has to be done. And I have to consider the Research Assistant position offered by my FYP supervisor. And then of course, there is the researching and applying for real engineering jobs. Research and survey, as I dont know which field I would want to venture into. Now that I am finally out of the hopeless endless narrow tunnel of studying and assignments, I'm finally able to make choices in the broad daylight full of hope and options and opportunities,

REFORM-OLD-BONDS
Now, this is the tricky part. You see, in the process of getting to my engineering degree, which i have mentioned countless of times involves stressful studies and endless suffocating workloads, i have regretfully abandoned many of my friendship bonds. 

Now, with all the free time, I can start making contact with the old friends! Except that it didn't go very well. I didn't realize that, until I've tried. What do u say the the people which are not in your lives for the last 3-4 years. An update, and then?

It's not easy to repair, or reform. 

ENJOY-FREE-TIME
this is easily the easiest part. I'm doing so fine in following the grey's anatomy drama series, and the Game of Thrones novels. It's so much fun!!! I've been deprived of doing what I want and never had the oppurtunity to laze around during the semester, and now I have all the time in the world!

But, too much of the good thing ruins it. Now I need some self discipline and get working on other potential hobbies such as cooking and writing and drawing and shopping.

I foresee myself up and working in August. That's like 3 weeks from now. Now, i can finally say: Trust me, I'm an engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment